September 30, 2020, marked the local Quota Club deciding to disband following a decision by the International organisation.
Due to declining membership worldwide, the International service organisation was not in a viable financial position to maintain a structure to support members.
The difficult decision was made, by a clear majority of all members, to disband the International organisation.
Clubs could still operate as a Quota club however, the term 'international' was no longer applicable and all insurances would have to be sourced by that club.
Community members that have been a part of Quota Glen Innes' history, have every reason to be proud of 65 years of service to both the local community and internationally. We must thank past Quotarians for their vision and determination to promote a women's service club in our town.
After at least meetings to gauge interest, a meeting held on February 28, 1955, with 19 Glen Innes ladies present, formally elected the officers to be installed at the Charter Dinner held at the Masonic Hall on May 19, with Winsome Woolett installed as the Charter President.
Madge Eagles followed her in 1956 and led the club towards a very ambitious project - the purchase of a grand piano for the Town Hall.
A Lipp Concert Grand, from Palings in Sydney, was transported to Glen Innes and presented to the Municipal Council on June 4, 1959, at a special concert.
The grand piano is still in use and has been tuned and restored by Quota of Glen Innes over the years. Initially costing £1,000, it is now worth between $150,000 and $200,000.
The handicraft prize at the P&A show has been provided by Quota since 1956.
1960 brought the initial discussion regarding units for the aged which Mayor George Priest saw as a special need. Karinya was born and Quota has maintained its support.
In 1969, at the instigation of local school teachers to foster sport for girls, the club established netball courts on vacant land donated by the Municipal Council near the tennis courts.
Quota Glen Innes is very proud of its dedicated service to the Glen Innes community.